Today, Enzyme is excited to announce that it has added Balancer to its ever expanding array of DeFi protocol integrations. With this integration, asset managers on both our Ethereum and Polygon deployments will have access to a number of attractive Balancer Pools.
What is Balancer?
Balancer is a decentralized protocol that provides DeFi liquidity infrastructure.
Instead of limiting depositors to 50/50 pairs, Balancer enables the creation of multi-token pools with custom weight parameters (e.g. 80/20, 60/20/20). This enables depositors to choose their exposure to different tokens in a pool. Swap fees can also be fully customized: high volatility pools usually have higher fees while low volatility pools have lower fees. The single vault architecture unlocks features to slash gas costs, super-charge capital efficiency, unlock arbitrage with zero-token starting capital, and open the door to custom AMMs.
Balancer Pools contain two or more tokens that traders can swap between. Liquidity Providers put their tokens in the pools in order to collect swap fees. Balancer adopts powerful features to slash gas costs, super-charge capital efficiency, unlock arbitrage with zero-token starting capital, and open the door to custom AMMs.
Balancer provides developers with secure DeFi infrastructure. Builders can focus on what differentiates their product/protocol. Balancer handles low-level token accounting, gas optimizations, and top-notch security. Building on Balancer can provide other important advantages, such as concentrated liquidity, streamlined integration with leading liquidity aggregators, and inclusion in the Balancer SDK, the SOR (Smart Order Router), and the subgraph.
Balancer’s mission is to accelerate innovation in DeFi by providing access to secure infrastructure for liquidity applications. As a core building block of DeFi, Balancer Protocol is community driven and is reliable, open-source, and permissionless.
Projects build on Balancer to create new, innovative types of pools and financial dApps. Visit balancer.fi to learn more.
Why should you use Balancer on Enzyme?
By integrating with Balancer, Enzyme asset managers can now access up to 10 Balancer Pools on Ethereum and 4 Pools on Polygon, which offers exciting opportunities to provide liquidity and generate additional rewards.
Pools are the fundamental building blocks of the Balancer Protocol; they are smart contracts that define how traders can swap between tokens on Balancer. What makes Balancer Pools unique from those of other protocols is their limitless flexibility.
Initially, this integration will provide Enzyme users with access to the following Balancer Pools on Ethereum and Polygon:
Within Enzyme, asset managers can easily view a pool’s composition, the total pool value, current APR’s and any associated rewards.
How does this integration benefit Enzyme asset managers?
By using Balancer via Enzyme, asset managers can benefit from powerful features such as low gas costs, efficient capital usage, and access to custom AMMs.
These benefits include:
- Access attractive yields: Balancer on Enzyme offers a range of investment options, allowing users to diversify their portfolios, reduce risk and access attractive yields.
- Enhanced DeFi liquidity: Balancer pools provide ample liquidity to the DeFi ecosystem, allowing users to trade and transfer assets with ease, avoiding slippage and reducing costs associated with illiquid markets.
- Automatic rebalancing: Balancer’s automated rebalancing algorithms ensure that portfolios stay aligned with investment strategies, helping to minimise risk and improve returns.
- Transparency and reporting: Enzyme is a fully transparent and auditable DeFi operating system, meaning that asset managers can instantly view real-time Balancer pool performance and generate auditable, historical reports.
How can I manage my Balancer position?
You can easily manage your Balancer position within the Enzyme app, and users have the ability to ‘Unstake’ and ‘Withdraw’ at any time. Withdrawals can be processed as either a ‘Single Token’ or at an ‘Equal Proportion’ to the pool’s composition.
How to get started
To get started, simply follow the steps below. It should take you less than 5 minutes to complete your first transaction:
1. Connect your wallet on https://app.enzyme.finance/discover
2. Navigate to DeFi Protocols, then select Balancer
3. Managers can then elect to open positions based on the available Pools
4. To learn more, please visit our docs here https://docs.enzyme.finance/managers/trade/defi-protocols/balancer
Interested in launching your own vault? 🚀
With Enzyme’s v4 Sulu, it’s never been easier for asset managers to create custom on-chain strategies and access dozens of DeFi dApps, 200+ digital assets and now Balancer pools in one simple, trustless and efficient platform.
At Avantgarde, we help a range of clients — including HNWIs, family offices, crypto funds, DAOs and institutions — launch their own DeFi strategies on Enzyme. Click here to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to reach out.
For business enquiries, please contact: email@example.com
For marketing enquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org